What should I buy cuphead on?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Oct 19, 2017.

?
  1. Windows Store

5.0%
  2. Steam

95.0%
  3. Twitch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I was curious to know. I know that Cuphead is console exclusive to xbox one, why I dunno, would been nice to have a game like that on other consoles as well but is fine. The question is what you suggest i buy it on?

If i buy it on windows store, I can play it on PC or Xbox cause games bought there allow me to own it on both, but i kinda really don't have a xbox one or think about getting one really, but who knows, someday I may have it in my hands and just happen to have a game already waiting for me.

If i buy it on steam, is only for pc, or any steam supported thing I guess. Pretty common pc platform for playing games on unless is DRM free where you don't need such a client for access.

If i buy it on twitch, they include some cool swag emotes along with your purchase. The idea of twitch selling games is something I wasn't aware of, but i guess now is just more competition for people in the market and giving emotes as a bonus. Probably a pointless bonus but is still interesting.

I was gonna go for steam like I do most pc games, but as you can see, there is other options to explore cause of the offerings. I usually would just buy games for consoles, I'm really cautious about having a moment when I can't use my pc and need to be replaced, the price of a good pc for games isn't cheap, especially if you want the performance of a god, compared to consoles. Though perhaps all this is subjective to each their own, Is just something I feel like I always been hold back on, that and the idea of buying games for system I don't own, so that one day If i get it i'll play it.:ninja:

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Steam or if you want drm free version then gog.

Windows store is ass and uwp format is a cancer on pc gaming.

3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I was going to buy it today on Xbox One because I don't have a Windows PC, but I am still undecided...
    It is the same always, every time I want to buy a game I think about the 100s I still have in backlog and can't decide.
    The same with South Park The fractured but whole, I even have a preorder ticket around, but now I am thinking that I will not play it right now, so I could as well wait for it to go down in price.

TL;DR: if you don't plan to get an XB1, get it on Steam.

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Steam DRM can be cracked.

5. RattletraPM

RattletraPM GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Spagonia
    Steam all the way, Windows Store is horrible. Keep in mind tho that it's Windows only (but if you really want to play it on OSX/Linux then it has a Silver rating for the Steam version and Gold for GOG on WineHQ)

6. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Aug 19, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Your decision depends on where you will be playing. If you like to play on the living room TV, get the windows store version, because it is the only that is cross platform.

If you only play on a chair, in front of a monitor, get a PC version (gog or steam). Windows store version is a bit messy. It is easy, but somewhat boring to put windows store games on full screen mode. The game is light, but performance wise, the windows store version seems to be more resource intensive as well.

For PC you have several options, as you mentioned yourself. I like gog because it allows you to install your games without installing any additional program or application. To play games on steam, for example, you need to install steam itself, something that gog do not requires.

7. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    If you're just going to crack it, then go GOG.

8. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    GOG is the right way to handle games, Steam DRM isn't that bad. Denuvo is of the devil.

Memoir likes this.
  9. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    I prefer a platform that maintains and organizes all of my games with a nice social aspect over just installing and dealing with whatever services may or may not be offered with GOG. That's just me though. I only buy on GOG when it allows me to play with my family without buying the game on a per account basis.

10. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I suppose that's fair.

11. Trash_McPhail

Trash_McPhail GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Steam of course, the rest are pish.

12. xXxSwagnemitexXx

xXxSwagnemitexXx The person who asks n00b questions

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    Steam or Twitch for DRM free

13. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Addict

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    If you buy it on Windows Store you can also play it on Xbox One. It's not like the game is ever going to be ported to Linux or Mac. I find the Xbox One to be a pretty decent console, but I bought it refurbished for $220 Canadian / $160 US

Last edited by Futurdreamz, Nov 26, 2017