Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by aliaspider, Nov 6, 2016.

1. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    SNES 9X

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    So anyone can get towers II running on hatari core? i would apreciate anyone that had any experiecne with older pc games to take a look so i can be tough on how to run it lol.

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I don't know what to suggest. Snes9x 1.54/1.55 use cycle-accurate S-SMP (sound) emulation; the Wii U VC Snes S-SMP is likely based off of Anomie's core, which affects games like Secret of Evermore, Earthworm Jim 2, which stream the audio data from the game, it's weird. RetroArch is also set to 32000 Hz and uses Cubic Interpolation (or was it Hermite, I forget, may be Gaussian for the core itself, as real hardware uses that) for sound. I don't know what to suggest. Injected, EWJ2 has missing sound effects, to date, only two emulators use Blargg's S-SMP, Bsnes/Higan and Snes9x.

Edit: I should clarify, cycle-accurate as in the audio passes all the hardware tests.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Aug 12, 2017
  4. A Plus Ric

A Plus Ric GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Do me and us a favor though. Give them time to fix it. Don't ask for an udpate at least for 20 days in that post. Just let em do their work. We all know how good Ekeeke is. We've used that emulator for a long time pre retroarch. No need to put pressure on em. Thanks. Not saying you will, but realize they won't drop their own emulator before asking.

niuus likes this.
  5. Opoth

Opoth Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2006
    Too bad about @aliaspider, probably another casualty of getting fed up with you-know-who

niuus and Marko76 like this.
  6. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Maybe it's game by game basis, just noticing this particular game because I love Turrican OST :lol:

7. A Plus Ric

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Doubt that is the case. They said he is uncooperative. So maybe something he disagreed with happened and he just left it. Doubt he'd be uncooperative to them over foxy.

8. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    What I can do is compare the games with Snes9x and Higan, and do a side by side ABX test, IDK. But I know Snes9x has the same sound as Higan, speaking of which, it'd be interest to see if Higan can run on the Wii U (if the core ever gets ported), Higan (Performance), would be cool to see.

Or people can stop speculating the reasons for this or that and just move on. Now there's a good idea. We don't know the reason, and we don't need to know the reason.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Aug 12, 2017
    Lyrin and cucholix like this.
  9. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes i would not be surprised if that was the case we all have tried to warn you know who his constant bitching would lead to this happening just like his constant bitching caused wiisx and not64 to be abandoned.

niuus likes this.
  10. A Plus Ric

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Did you read what I said? He's obviously upset with either retroarch people in general, or just done w it in general. He always said it was for him and would only have stuff he cared about in it and he would not take requests. So more than likely he did what he cared about, and left it. But hey just blame him cuz it sounds good.

11. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    OMG, just drop it and move on, what's done is done. He has his reasons and the show must go on. The project is continuing without him. Bringing it up ad nauseum isn't going to solve anything.

Edit: The past is past, it's time people move on and use RetroArch as it progresses, which it's clearly been doing.

Also @ShadowOne333 check your messages as soon as you can :P

Last edited by the_randomizer, Aug 13, 2017
    ShadowOne333 likes this.
  12. A Plus Ric

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Your mean Wii64......Not64 still gets worked on at a snails pace by someone else. Which seeing EMUKIDD in that thread (also the wiisxr one)often when there is updates or posts indicates he more likely was the last one left of his group working on them, and when others expanded o them he just never had a reason to start them up.

Lyrin and the_randomizer like this.
  13. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Extrems picked up Not64 and Mystro256 is working on a fork of WiiSX called WiiSXR, both branches are actually very good from after being delegated to other programmers. So yeah, the originals have been abandoned, but the branches of them are still being worked on. Banjo Kazooie runs perfectly on Not64 :P

14. A Plus Ric

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Why bring back originals when the others that are better are there. Is the point I was making. He helps on both if those here and there.

15. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I thought Extrems only worked on Not64, Mystro256 is working on WiiSXR, but he's doing it solo, so he works on it whenever he has time. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

16. A Plus Ric
    This message by A Plus Ric has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Aug 14, 2017, Reason: off topic.
    Aug 13, 2017
  17. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    You guys should really stop bringing this kind of shit back again and again.
    You are just driving so much attention into it, which is not even needed at all.

I mean, this whole last page has been nothing but putting the blame on someone, and arguing about stuff that is not even related to RetroArch Wii U.
    Just drop it and stop attacking users, whoever the user might be.

If you really dislike how the user behaves and/or reacts with certain posts, I ask you to take a look at your own.
    You bitch and nag about the user the same way you guys say he does against certain projects.

Just stop this altogether, we have enough drama as a community to start attacking each other over things that are not even of importance right now.
    Wii64 and WiiSX are dead for years now, we don't have to bring them up again and again just to make a point already.

To any mods reading, I want to ask if you could please remove the latest posts made in this page, including mine, as none of this is related to the topic at hand.

TLPD-AVW, Ponyboy, DarthDub and 3 others like this.
  18. Wishi
    This message by Wishi has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Aug 14, 2017, Reason: off topic.
    Aug 13, 2017
  19. Marko76
    This message by Marko76 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Aug 14, 2017, Reason: off topic.
    Aug 13, 2017
  20. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I don't get why you guys don't just put him on ignore. I did that a long time ago and I've been peace of mind ever since. Ignore hate, embrace love.

Marko76 likes this.
  21. A Plus Ric

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Ignore hate embrace love......by replying strategies to a hater. Lolol sounds so American hypocrisy.

22. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    We can drop it, it's fine. BTW, Genesis Plus is gonna be fixed soon, core swapping with the auto-detect core actually works very well, and I wanted to thank you for that suggestion :P

ShadowOne333 and A Plus Ric like this.
  23. Osakasan

Osakasan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2015
    Yesterday i installed the launcher channel

It's odd... If i launch it after going Homebrew Channel (via Haxchi) --> Mocha it gives me a DSI error if i try to load anything, but if i load Mocha via cfw loading with Haxchi (in my case, pressing the A button while launching Haxchi) it works like a charm.

Also, here's hoping Aliaspider leave have nothing to do with the WiiSX killer. I can't say i liked him too much, but he was the head of the Nintendo Retroarch project.

Ironically, he always said a Dynarec wouldn't be possible, now Retrarch is promoting the bounty (and the creation of the framework for Beetle PSX) and he leaves. Can't help but to think that it's somewhat related.

niuus likes this.