please tell your history when you first sign in to gbatemp

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sathya, Dec 22, 2017.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I have no idea who that is lol

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Are you serious? You know Tehskeen but don’t know who Brakken is? That’s like saying you know gbatemp without knowing who Costello is.

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    How the hell am I supposed to remember who someone on a site that died off seven years ago? Well excuuuuuse me. I can't be expected to remember every single person in every single damn hacking scene. :O:angry:

4. Piluvr

Piluvr Resident Masturbator

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind you
    Palantine CFW. Dark times.

5. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I came for the roms, and stayed for the hacks.

Brakken publicly took an OD didnt he?

6. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    I'd been visiting it since it was a ROM site and signed up around the time it had stopped hosting and was focused more on announcements. I find myself active on here less as time goes by and life demands more of me, but I still visit and skim news pretty frequently. This is always my go-to when I'm making decisions about hacking anything, buying mods or flash carts. I trust GBAtemp with my consoles and my wallet. I think that says a lot.

7. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    Tehskeen and wonder what happened to Brakken.

8. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I wanted help for translating/some hacking a DS pokemon game, not much luck so keep it untilI had my wii, wante dto hack and strated to joing discussions

9. Ziggyhacks

Ziggyhacks GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Wii homebrew.

10. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Oh hey! Me too!

BORTZ likes this.
  11. dAVID_

dAVID_ GBAtemp's Official Onion Cricket

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    I was having an issue with TIKDevil. Little did I know I had userland homebrew access. 3DS Hacking basically.

12. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    my reasoning is ok

13. wafflestick

wafflestick (insert title here)

Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    US
    when I was introduced to flashcards for the NDS back in '09 A school mate had recommended the AceKard 2i. Well during my internet browsing on how to set it up, i stumbled upon this here forum and the rest is history

14. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ

Apr 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
    Googled for 3ds hacks.exe, came here.

15. PossiblyOne

PossiblyOne GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2017
    United States
    Hell
    When I started hacking my 3ds, a lot of google searches directed me to this site. I never joined to ask a question, but after stalking for a bit I decided that this looked like an interesting bunch. This site also seemed to be a good way to keep up with Switch news.

16. Sathya
    This message by Sathya has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 23, 2017
  17. SG854
    This message by SG854 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 23, 2017
  18. Sathya
    This message by Sathya has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 23, 2017
  19. Spectral Blizzard
    This message by Spectral Blizzard has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 23, 2017
  20. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I departed PlanetSuzy on October 2014 and branched out to other forums, settling on reddit and GBATemp. The same month I got my first 3DS consoles, and I learned about a flashcard that could play 3DS ROMs. I think this forum indicated that to me, but my understanding was off because I thought R4 cards played 3DS ROMs. I was wrong, but it turned out to be a good purchase years later when I wanted to do playthroughs of Gen 4 games. I got Gateway in December 2014 and I'm very sure this forum enlightened me to that. Probably deep down inside I wanted a replacement for the WWE Fans thread in that forum, everyone talking about what they love, wrestling in that case, and just being total buds, knowing each other almost too well. I have yet to experience a true successor, but it's been close lately, not through here of course. I will say this year opened me up to appreciating certain people more, not just devs, so it's a start, the common theme not being wrestling, but Pokemon.

21. SG854
    This message by SG854 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 23, 2017.
    Dec 23, 2017
  22. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    I was hitting this site occasionally starting around 2003, to download GBA roms. You can see when I finally registered an account. I can't remember doing it, or why.

23. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    joined back in 2017 got banned for shit posting turned a new leaf now i think im doing better not sure but join when iron hax first started

24. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Joined because I was having problems with my wii. I was trying to get Dios Mios to work and sure enough this guy @Cyan helped me out very much. Ever since I stayed and enjoyed the change in the site and people.

25. Xathya

Xathya is still the shill??

Aug 20, 2017
    Australia
    green hil zone
    i was join when i and kuncke thot we had lurket enough and we had to defended the gatesway from all this hate.! we also knew temp was very haterful place and had to stand up for the lonelys boy who gets the bullys from the other members.!! now i is established temp with lots of like and folower and is having prety god times but stil very much hatred is coming my ways from certain: trolls the!..!
    i has ben cal gateway chills, weeb, and many the other wordsbuzz of evlness and sutpitidy but ush throuh to the end of tunel for richtechousnesand a glory awaited!
    i hope toi inspires the other temp boy who are struggle with bully on here.! it is the need when even the moderation is against users who are target of the buly and gets multiptudes "reportation" on post as "troll" when is being the sinckere!! fite the goods fight :D