Official Mini-Direct discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Nerdtendo, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    It was alright, just ports of games I already played and have no intention of buying again(I'm really glad more people have a chance to play these games though :) ), tropical freeze was an amazing game and so was the world ends with you, but I wont be buying them again. mario tennis is the only announcement that got me genuinely excited lol, hopefully we can get a mario golf game too? Oh yeah and Fe looks like a really nice game, i'd love to see more gameplay of it.

Last edited by Eddypikachu, Jan 11, 2018
  2. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    If Hyrule Warriors include all the QoL changes made in FE Warriors... I'll be really tempted into buying.

3. SoslanVanWieren

SoslanVanWieren GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    they could also do ds2 idk about 3 since they would have to downgrade the graphics to get it to run on the switch. I do really want to see smashbros and pokemon though there aren't really many games to play on the switch right now aside from ports and indies. But yeah its a shame alot of switch games are just wiiu or xbox 360/ps3 ports i already have some of the games on xbox 360 and the switch only runs them sliglity better.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren, Jan 12, 2018
  4. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    The mini direct only showed me: 1. The World Ends With you, 2. Mario Tennis which I really want to grab.

I'd get Dark Souls if I hadn't completed it in the past <3 years. Also I have Dark Souls 2 and 3 which I should probably play first.

I think this will be the dryest Nintendo Switch year. Big names are Metro Prime 4, Fire Emblem, Super Smash Bros and Pokemon... all of which I don't think will come to us this year [maybe FE].

I feel like they should have saved Xeno 2 for 2018 and allowed the team a bit more time to refine it for portable mode.

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I prefer 30FPS over 60FPS. I had tried 60FPS on some games and its really annoying and not getting used to. LOL!

6. LucarioSplat

LucarioSplat GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2017
    United States
    Pokken DLC+Donkey kong.
    this is a 10/10 direct for me.

Eddypikachu likes this.
  7. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    Why is nobody talking about Fe?
    Ok, it is not a big AAA title, but there are many talking points
    -the game itself looks very interesting and promising
    -new IP
    -3rd party support from one of the big publishers
    -it will release very soon on February 16th (same day release on all platforms)

8. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I didn't know Fe exist before now and I missed it while looking at videos out of order.

It does look good tho.

9. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    FE?

10. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    dio my bae

11. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    It is at 10:35 in the mini direct. It is a very beautiful and unique Adventure game published by EA.