Nintendo Direct Mini Now Live

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Jan 11, 2018.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    the cheapest switch game i ever saw with a phisical release is 88 heroes 98 heroes edition wich is 30 euros, so i said 40 minimum because even other indies have 40 to 50 euros releases, but yeah 40 seens it would fit nicely imo.

jt_1258 likes this.
  2. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    have you played it before, or are you interested in it at all? I would highly recommend you play it if you haven't before

3. supergamer368

supergamer368 i play too much n64

May 22, 2016
    United States
    somewhere
    maybe he’s not playable but LUIGI IS IN ODYSSEY NOW

4. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Great Direct as always.

5. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    $20 would be tempting. I think I'd bite at that price.

jt_1258 likes this.
  6. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    People who are cocky and stupid enough to say "Where is Smash Nintendo?" need to go and buy a brain. There is no fucking SSB on the Switch. Sakurai is sick of Smash. He now hates it. And there is no Smash in development. Same goes with Pokémon. The development had barely begun when they announced it at E3. There is certainly no gameplay to show yet, the game will come in late 2019 at best.
    Same goes with people whining because of Wii U ports. The Wii U is a failure. Nobody played the games you whined about. They are porting recent games, but given the negligible amount of people who already bought them, what's the problem, the games are almost new. Dark Souls gets announced, but then people will say "No 3rd party support". All the things they announced are great. And, holy fucking crap, this is only a motherfucking MINI Direct.

Cosmic_Link likes this.
  7. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Meh ports galore.

At least there's a new Kirby.

8. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    The World Ends With You looks cool. I completed it on IOS a few years back and it was definitely good enough to double dip.

Pokken Tournament on the Wii U was cool but not good enough for me to re-buy the game. I'll pass.

I'm not a fan of Kirby so no Kirby Switch for me.

I borrowed Hyrule Warriors from a friend a year or two ago and it was an OK game. The gameplay simplly doesn't suit me. Even with all the DLC and improved graphics I wont pick it up.

Mario Tennis looks like an interesting addition. I was a fan of the game on the GameBoy Colour and Nintendo 64. Depending on it's reviews I might pick it up.

YS VIII looks like a pretty good game but I'd say if you want to play an action RPG there are better choices out there.

The Mario Odyssey update looks cool. Can't say no to free right?

I don't care about SNK Heroines.

A new story for Mario VS Rabbids Kingdom Battle is cool for fans of the game.

It's fair to assume that the Switch version of Payday 2 is not the best version out there.

Haven't heard of Celeste before but it looks cool for platforming fans. I might pick it up someday.

Tropical Freeze on the Wii U was an amazing game. One of the best of the console. An easy mode is good for children but for adults like myself it subtracts something from the game.

I never managed to complete the first level of Dark Souls on the PS3. Tried making several different classes but could never quite get there. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

9. cagycee

cagycee Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    United States
    all they are missing is fludd ;)

10. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    This was a good january direct. At E3 we will see the big october game and maybe a big new game for the summer. I expect smash and animal crossing.
    I own a Wii U and I don't care for the ports, but I am happy for every switch owner who missed the Wii U.

11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    And the terrible camera controls :creep:

12. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    Here i am waiting for Bloodstained.. :(

13. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    DS2 is the only bad one. Ask almost anyone. It's not representative of the other Soulsborne games.
    I still say there's hardly any third party support. Most of the third party games are ports, not brand new titles. I'm looking forrward to SMT V.

14. Cosmic_Link

Cosmic_Link Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2010
    I'm quite pleased with what was announced. I'm happy for Wii U ports also. There were some games which I bought for my Wii U years ago, which I would have liked to play properly, but never really had the time or opportunity to sit in front of the telly and play it. I am more than happy to have these on a portable device to play anywhere I may be.

Was really pleased that Bayonetta was getting a port, since I never got around to playing Bayonetta 2, even though I had the D1 CE with both games in. That's still sealed... -_-

Would be more than happy to play Pikmin again as well as the Wii U Mario titles.

As others have previously said, the Wii U player and owner base wasn't exactly large, so these games being ported, opens up a whole library which others would not have had chance to play otherwise. Seeing these Wii U ports, I have my fingers crossed for WWHD and TPHD ports too! :yayswitch:

chartube12 likes this.
  15. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    as for me, im happy for the third party support. Might be ports but at least it's slowly getting there.

16. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Even if this was true, no way Nintendo would just let this series just die. They will give it to someone else, if they have too.

This is also just the beginning of the year. Not sure why people thought they were going to just announce and release everything this early.

StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  17. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I was gonna buy Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on the Wii U. Glad I waited.

owek1 and rileysrjay like this.
  18. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I pretty sure it is just the combination of the 3DS and Wii U versions with all the DLC.

19. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    But isn't it well known that a major Direct typically follows a few weeks after a mini-Direct?

StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  20. TerminatR

TerminatR Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2006
    Canada
    They can release Tropical Freeze immediately. A sequel wouldn't be ready for years...