Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be getting a PC release

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Chary, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States

Square Enix has announced that after the highly successful sales of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on the PlayStation 4, they will be bringing the game to PC audiences this year. The PC version also boasts new features that were not in the PS4 release, such as the ability to add max Gil from the start, New Game + already unlocked, 60fps, and ultra-wide monitor support. Final Fantasy XII originally launched for the PlayStation 2 in 2006, and sold over 6 million copies. Square will also be holding a launch stream, with both the producer and the director of the game, and they will answer questions from fans.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will release on Steam on February 1, 2018. It will retail for $49.99, but those who buy it within the launch window will get a 20% discount.

:arrow: Source

2. BORTZ

BORTZ DERP DOG

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Everyone here who called it called it.

It's not really a surprise but nice to see this happening. Those of you interested, I say go for it. I had a great time with it.

Pedeadstrian likes this.
  3. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Ooh, NICE! I think I'll definitely jump on this! FF12 is the only main-series FF game I never got around to playing.

4. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I'm really glad SE has been supporting the PC market so well. I'm not a big fan of FF, but I'm happy to see it get ports to PC.

5. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Stray Sheep Bar
    Yessss
    I love FF12
    And im especially happy about the 60 fps support

6. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I'm happy, too! FFXV Windows Edition particularly has me hyped. Also, in the past, they'd do a quick and shoddy port (*cough* FFXIII *cough*), but it seems they're now putting some efforts into optimization and embracing PC graphical features like Nvidia GameWorks or 21:9 Ultrawide support. Keep it comin'!

Chary likes this.
  7. Marco_Buns

Marco_Buns The Lonely Man On The Iceberg

Aug 31, 2015
    Iceland
    Haven't played the original one is years and I don't have a PS4. Seeing that it's getting ported to the PC is great.

8. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    well, one more reason that home consols shouldn't exist and one more reason that everyone should get a pc

9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Right, because millions of people have the money to get a gaming PC, gotcha. I'll keep that in mind when people have stable jobs to where they can fork out thousands of dollars for rigs and games.

Sinon likes this.
  10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    2000 dollars if want to play games decently.

11. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah, big whoop. Who are you to tell people what they should or shouldn't buy? Not everyone is rich and/or has 2000 dollars to spare, unless I missed the part where countries had a perfect economy. :rolleyes:

I happen to have consoles and a gaming PC, so yeah, case in point, no one cares.

12. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    nhaaaa, the truth is people can easily build a decent gaming pc worth 500$ with just Amd components, plus money u saves from games with greater prices and free of charge online service.

p.s. tested myself an 500 bucks pc can handle GTAV at medium confings, 1080p and 60fps, which is standard lastgen quality+ online free

p.s.2 looks u have a lot of complains, man u should study harder and work harder. anything is possible.

Last edited by leon315, Jan 11, 2018
  13. TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    Not true at all, you could easily throw together a used budget rig for around $250 that will play anything currently available, when include free online services, full backwards compatibility, the price of pc game sale, and emulation, your potentially saving hundreds if not thousands in comparison to just one current gen console.

/on topic, Glad to hear this, I failed to complete the game twice during the ps2 era, and currently have the game sitting in my modded PS3 untouched, but this will probably end up being my go to version if I ever decided to have another go at it.

jDSX likes this.
  14. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Their money, their choice, nothing you can do about it.

15. Spectral Blizzard

Spectral Blizzard That Annoying Everything Everyone Knows

Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    I better be able fuck the shit outta everything like mids and 8K...

Memoir likes this.
  16. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    if you dont have money for a medium budget gaming pc you absolutely do not have the money for console gaming either with its online, accessories, more expensive games, worse/no sales, etc. i'm pretty sure it's mostly a personal choice before it being a monetary issue. or like in your case, a wrong, outdated assumption because the console experience is more expensive if you look at it past the purchase of hardware on day one. on top of that, 4 years down the line you're spending another $400 to get a completely new system. on a pc you sidegrade your GPU for $100 to maintain medium performance and you're done with it.

17. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    One of the last FF games missing from PC! Would recommend it, especially in a sale. Interesting to see that more and more console exclusives are coming to PC, which was not the norm a few years ago

18. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Like Bortz said, called it. SE has made it a habit of adding every recent (and not-so-recent) FF to Steam, and after announcing FFXV on PC even when it's relatively new I knew they'd do the same for FFXII. It's the only reason why I didn't buy it on PS4. Now they just need to do a simultaneous release of FFVII:R for PC and console when it finally comes out in 2025.

19. Sinon

Sinon Autumn Wolf-Anna

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    No sales? Wut?
    PS store usually has good discounts

Anyways, good for people with good PCs

Last edited by Sinon, Jan 11, 2018
    Memoir likes this.
  20. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Nice to get confirmation of what everyone expected. Looking forward to this.